0 items | £0.00
VIKING JOHNSON FLEXLOCK FLANGE ADAPTORS FOR DUCTILE IRON PIPE
The FlexLock system provides a self-anchoring method of joining ductile iron or steel pipes and offers a cost effective, quick and simple alternative to traditional anchoring systems such as site welding, harnessing or thrust blocks.
Gaskets have embedded stainless steel teeth that grip the outer surface of the pipe, yet still allow for angular deflection of pipes in service. This prevents pipes from separating under pressure loads, making FlexLock ideal for above ground and buried applications, soft ground conditions or temporary pipe work.
FlexLock permits angular deflection between pipes, allowing for normal pipeline movement such as ground settlement. Long radius curves can also be accommodated, reducing the need for special fittings. FlexLock couplings allow for a total angular deflection of ±3 degrees.
- Supplied as standard with EPDM gaskets for water applications to EN 681
- Metal components are coated with Rilsan Nylon 11 which is WRAS approved for use with potable water. The nuts and bolts are Sheraplex coated to WIS 4-52-03
- Working Pressure of 16bar on water up to and including DN200 and 10bar for DN250 & DN300
- Can provide significant cost savings compared to non-locking couplings with a harnessing system
- Ability to provide angular deflection in any plane